Tuesday 10 November 2009

PPRG Annual Conference - Evaluation

The hotel was lovely, the food gorgeous (at least 4lbs put on) and the facilities great (pool was fab).

I liked that the conference programme was split into short sections with breaks in between, this gave you time to stretch your legs and regroup before the next person was speaking. Given that most people cannot maintain their concentration for long periods, I thought this was really helpful - I wish other conference organisers would take note.

Perhaps more practical sessions or sessions that used group work would be an improvement, I've been to this conference before I remember working in small groups more - nothing too scary but something like the layout session we did on the Saturday morning.

The library debate was probably my least favourite bit but others probably enjoyed it more - I didn't feel I had anything to contribute and it felt like a long session (it was longer than the speaker sessions had been) - just a personal preference.

All in all a good and enjoyable conference, which I hope to be able to attend again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really good event. I have to say I'm with you on the hot tub business, I don't like sitting in other people's washed-off sweat.
    Val

    ReplyDelete